January 25, 2021
Healthy, Cozy & Productive
You, & only you, are ultimately responsible for who you become & how happy you are. – Rachel Hollis
Quick disclaimer before we jump in to this ultimate morning routine checklist. I am in no way a morning routine perfectionist. I’m just here to share some helpful tips I’ve picked up along the way. I’m finally starting to realize how incredibly life changing it is introducing healthy, cozy & productive habits into my morning & I’m beyond excited to share!
A Cozy Habit
The ultimate morning routine checklist would be incomplete without a cozy habit. Commonly I’ve found that creating a practice for yourself in which you look forward to is an absolute game changer! This practice doesn’t need to be extreme, keep it simple yet effective. Personally I love a cozy-self-care practice, here’s some of my personal favourites :
- A hot shower
- A warm beverage (coffee / tea / hot lemon h2o)
- Fur-baby cuddles
- Meditation (The “Mindful In Minutes” Podcast is my current fav, thanks to Kailah from “Two Woke Girls” Podcast for putting me on)
- Diffusing essential oils
- Admiring the sunrise
- A quick read
A Healthy Habit
Nourishing the mind & body. It’s all about taking that time for yourself before the rest of the world gets a piece of you.
The two main practices I’ve been loving in the morning : Gratitude journaling & Yoga.
The Five Minute Journal (I’ll link it below if you want to check it out) :
This little book allows me to start the day with a mindful approach. Set affirmations & intentions & follow up in the p.m. as a part of my nightly routine. This has been the only gratitude ritual I’ve managed to stay consistent with. I believe it’s due to its simplistic, yet effective nature. Not to mention it literally takes five minutes making it easy to add to any morning checklist!
Alo Yoga – Youtube (I’ll also link it below if you want to check it out)
Lately I’ve been bouncing between these free yoga flows & doing my own thing, it really depends on my mood that day. What I love about Alo Yoga flows is that they have classes that are beginner, advanced, relaxed, longer, shorter, etc. so you have access to your specific needs with the structure you’d find at an actual class.
These practices are just my personal favourites at the moment, but I would encourage you to find what speaks to your needs.
A Productive Habit
Nobody feels motivated every single day, it’s just not the way we are as humans. Action = motivation, & I know from personal experience that when I wake up & have made zero productive moves, all I want to do is go back to bed, wrap myself up like a little cinnamon roll & watch Netflix all day. Which to be honest is fantastic for a lazy day, but we’ll save that for another blog post.
Productive habits I’m currently obsessed with & why :
- Setting my clothes out the night before : This limits decision fatigue in the A.M. & I need to hold myself more accountable for this one because it’s an absolute lifesaver.
- Planning the day : I love a good planner moment (blame it on my virgo rising), even if you don’t have a super in depth, colour-coded planning system, just the basics of writing out your to-do list has tons of studies backing its effectiveness.
- Staying away from my phone & more importantly social media : Checking social media is a productivity killer in the morning & a great way to lose focus of what really counts, a great alternative is to set some time aside for after you’ve enjoyed your peaceful morning routine.
That is it for today’s post, everything from today is linked below.
See you back here next time,
Links From Todays Post :
The Five Minute Journal : https://www.chapters.indigo.ca/en-ca/paper/the-five-minute-journal/9780991846207-item.html?s_campaign=goo-Search_GM_Wellness&gclid=Cj0KCQiA0rSABhDlARIsAJtjfCc-CkJrg-CpKU0srLabK1OtJsGad7d3VyJ_blt4dy0Y6cMIDJOz9m8aAjjfEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
Mindful In Minutes Podcast : https://open.spotify.com/show/7s1ydwJkcWeJD1TngMN9Rk
Alo Yoga Channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJEi1foUiGObzzQM3QA2H5A
If you liked this post, check out more lifestyle content :